CURRENT VACANCY: INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER / PRODUCTION MANAGER
We are looking for a lovely human to join the team based at our studio in Chinatown NYC.
We are a small group and all really enjoy what we do, so we’re looking for a talented individual to bring their skills and good energy to the growing studio.
- You would be working directly with our founder and creative director Anna Karlin as well as the current team to develop lighting and furniture collections from concept to end product. This will include the production of renders, shop drawings, physical mockups and 3D prints, etc.
- You will also be generating drawings, renderings and fabrication packages for custom, one-off lighting fixtures and furniture pieces.
- Experience in lighting will be given preference.
- You will be coordinating with vendors to fabricate and finish products and components in a variety of materials, quantities, and scales.
- You will also be tasked with maintaining stock of lighting and furniture parts and components.
- You must have the skills to assemble and wire lighting fixtures and work on some furniture, including basic machining (cutting pipe, drilling/tapping holes, etc.).
- The role includes maintaining production calendars and costing information.
- Must be highly proficient in SolidWorks and Adobe suite, with at least 4 years experience in a professional setting. SketchUp, AutoCAD and other CAD software skills a plus.
- Very competitive holiday allowance.
- Flexible working hours.
This job is for an immediate start so candidates must already have authorization to work in the USA.
Please send a cover email, C.V and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org